Click on ‘play’ above to watch the 2012 Festival video
2012 Festival Info
Early Bird Ticket:
$52 Available till January 15, 2012 or until sold out (limited number available). SOLD OUT!
Standard Ticket: $62 Available till March 23, 2012 or until sold out.
Concession Ticket*: $52 Available till March 23, 2012 or until sold out.
VIP Ticket**: $102 Available till March 23, 2012 or until sold out (limited number available).
Family Ticket***: $164 Family Tickets are for 2 adults and 2 children.
Children under 6 are allowed into the festival for free. Available till March 23, 2012 or until sold out.
Please note there is a $5.50 transaction fee per order, not per ticket. You can save $ by buying multiple tickets in the one transaction.
Standard Tickets will be available for sale at the gate on the day, subject to availability, for $70.
Concession Tickets will be available for sale at the gate on the day, subject to availability, for $60.
Family Tickets will be available for sale at the gate on the day, subject to availability, for $180.
* Concession tickets are for pensioners and students 18 and under only.
** VIP tickets will allow you access to the exclusive VIP area where you can relax in comfort and enjoy complimentary food and drink.
*** Children must be 18 and under to go on the Family ticket.
Please Note: Shir Madness takes no responsibility for lost or stolen tickets so find a safe place to keep your tickets until March 25!
If you are coming from interstate for the festival, why not take advantage of booking with one of our Sponsors.
Meriton Serviced Appartments will be offering a 20% discount to Shir Madness attendees available between Saturday 24th March – Monday 26th March. The Booking code is SM0312. Click here to book your accommodation with Meriton.
Click here to book your accommodation with Swiss Grand Resort & Spa, Bondi Beach, a proud sponsor of Shir Madness Sydney Jewish Music Festival.
Beautiful Noise (Outdoor Arena).
Tapestry (High Tide Room).
Hallelujah (Pavilion Seagull Room – Upstairs).
Summertime (Pavilion Theatre – Upstairs).
הי Chai Tent
Forever Young Kids Space
Sound of Silence Disco
Please note: All stages are under cover or indoors so wet weather will not be a problem
It’s important to us that you have access to easy, safe & efficient transport to and from Shir Madness.
Trains – www.cityrail.info
Check the website for train timetables. Bus services link up with trains at Bondi Junction Station. Trains run every 15 minutes from Bondi Junction to Central (and some beyond on the Illawarra line) until 12:30am.
Buses – www.sydneybuses.info
Buses will be running regularly from 10:05pm – 01:00am between Campbell Parade & Bondi Junction train station. Buses to take are the 380, 381 and 333 (drop off in the Interchange)
Cars – We encourage the use of public transport by all festival goers. However, if you need to drive there is parking at the beach. If you are planning to drink, please do not drive.
There will be a number of food and drink stalls at the festival offering a wide variety of meals including many kosher and Middle Eastern delicacies.
Supervised kids entertainment will be provided at the festival at the Forever Young Kids Space. See the program schedule for full details.
- Entry to the festival will not be permitted without valid proof of purchase. Tickets are non-refundable.
- No Animals of any kind are permitted at Shir Madness.
- Shir Madness is a licensed event. No Alcohol is permitted to be brought into the Festival. There will be a number of licensed bars at the event. Intoxicated persons will be refused entry & service and if necessary removed from the Festival.
- I.D. – Everyone at Shir Madness must have ID with them. If you are intending to drink alcohol please have a valid Driver’s licenses, Proof of Age Cards or a current, valid passport. For over-18s, student ID cards do not qualify, nor do household bills or letters.
- Food – You are permitted to bring home prepared meals with you to Shir Madness. However metal utensils, glass, crockery & soft drinks / juices are not permitted. Sealed water bottles are permitted. There will be a wide variety of good quality food stalls at the event including kosher and Middle Eastern stands with reasonably priced food for purchase. See Above ‘FOOD’ section.
- Water – Taps for water are readily available at the Pavilion and bottled water will also be freely available for purchase.
- Sun Protection – If you are walking around the venue please use protection – hats, sunscreen, long sleeves whilst in the sun, it’s a great day of quality music, we want you to be able to see it all – safely!
- ATMs – There are several ATMs in close proximity the venue for you to access cash but no ATMs on site.
- Bare Feet – You must wear footwear. Thongs & sandals are ok, but you might want to consider some enclosed footwear.
- Pass-Outs – Wrist bands will be provided and are to be worn to gain reentry to the Festival.
- Security – Shir Madness utilises friendly security that is skilled in large-scale events. They are there to ensure the safety of all patrons.
- There will be no cloakrooms available at the event.
- Transport – Buses will ordinarily run from local destinations, so that you may not have to worry about parking or driving. Please see the LOCATION section of our site for links to timetables and relevant travel information.
- Parking is available around the event at cost, see also LOCATION section for links to parking locations and rates.
- First Aid – St Johns Ambulance staff will be on-site during the event.
- Disabled Facilities – There will be disabled parking, access and amenities for disabled persons.
- Refunds – Refunds will not be available. Once the ticket sale is processed the purchase is final. Refunds will only be offered to patrons if the entire show is cancelled or abandoned due to extreme weather conditions.
- Schedule – Occasionally changes occur that are out of our control. Scheduled performance times and artist line-ups are subject to change. No refund will be offered in these circumstances.
- Smoking – You can not smoke inside the venue.
- Lost Property – Enquiries regarding lost property can be made to Bondi Pavilion reception from 9:00am on Monday 26th of March.
- Gates Close – Gates will be closed at 10:00pm.
- Merchandise – Artists merchandise will be available for sale alongside the signing area.
- Cameras – Please note that only small lens still cameras are permitted, no video cameras or recording equipment. It will be confiscated and returned at the end of the day.
- Prohibited Items – Most are listed above, further items not permitted -
- Glass, cans, alcohol, illegal drugs, metal cutlery, crockery, skateboards, boogie boards, milk/bread crates, chairs (folding, portable, camping), anything studded (i.e. belts, wristbands etc.), weapons of any kind, fireworks, video and tape recording devices, professional still cameras (small still cameras ARE allowed), laser lights, umbrellas (bring a plastic poncho or a raincoat instead.), water pistols, any other items considered illegal or dangerous and strictly no animals.
- Search – On entry to Shir Madness security will be conducting bag searches. Be patient and assist our security, they are only conducting searches to ensure safety for all.